Thu Nov 3 +more dates
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Admission starts at: $180
Practical lessons at the Book Arts Studio!
Learn the ins and outs of letterpress printing. Browse our collection of vintage metal and wood, images (cuts) and ornaments to create a truly unique card or poster. Attendees will learn the basics of hand tuning and designing sound designs, paper preparation and press setup and, of course, printing on our Vandercook presses. Each participant will complete the course with a hand-printed poster or set of uniquely designed greeting cards.
By successfully completing this foundational typography course, participants gain the skills necessary to work independently in our typography studio and become eligible to book open studios. Open Studio is available to Book Arts members only – become a member here.
This is a three-part class, and participants must attend all 3 dates: Thursdays 3, 10 and 17 November from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The final class can last until 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $200, $180 Members
Things to note:
• Creators of all levels are welcome. This course is suitable for people aged sixteen and over.
• All tools and materials needed to participate are provided.
• Completed basic typography projects will be one layer/color as a 5″x7″ (approx) folded or flat greeting card or print up to 11″x17″ in a maximum edition of approx. 25 prints (number of copies)
• Typography The size of the classes is limited to 3 participants to guarantee the quality of teaching. Please read our “Plan your visit” page to review our health and safety procedures.
• Participants are required to sign a waiver upon arrival to class to participate in the studio workshop.
For questions regarding the course, please email [email protected]