SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Canva, the global visual communications platform, has launched its first-ever Print Day to help teachers offset out-of-pocket expenses for their classrooms. On August 26, teachers in the United States who have a Canva for Education account will be able to access poster printing vouchers to print everything they need to bring their classrooms to life.
As the new school year begins, an easy way to bring creative design into any classroom is to use Canva for Education, which empowers teachers, students, and schools in K-12 to create and customize lesson plans, infographics, posters, videos, and more. – all for free.
Canva Print Day gives the first 300 eligible K-12 teachers in every school district in the United States access to a $25 USD poster printing voucher to print classroom posters while they last stocks. Print Day runs from August 26 at 12:00 a.m. PDT through August 27 at 12:00 p.m. PDT. Educators must have created a free Canva for Education account by August 24.
“Creativity is at the heart of Canva’s mission; making it accessible to everyone is a priority,” said Carly Daff, Canva’s Head of Teams and Education. “With a new school year beginning in the United States and at a time when costs for seemingly everything are high, Print Day is our way of helping teachers start the year off with creative visuals that will make every classroom fun and impactful.”
Creating a classroom has never been easier. There are thousands of curated templates to help teachers enhance every classroom and engage every student, without any design expertise. Here are some top tips from some of the Canva for Education community members who are using the power of visual communication to inspire learning:
- Add games to your lesson plans: Add gamification elements with fun templates like a BINGO board to create more engaging lesson plans.
- Create a vision board: Vision boards are a great way to get students interested in what they want to accomplish academically and personally in the upcoming school year.
- Design cartoon activities: Use Canva’s comic templates to encourage students to become storytellers and unleash their creativity with words and pictures.
- Engage students with presentations: Ready-to-use templates can jump-start your lessons, make them exciting, and save you time to focus on your students and less on planning. Your students can also use the presentation templates to demonstrate their learning!
- Use videos to enhance lesson plans: Canva Presentations’ video recording feature allows teachers to talk about each slide. This makes it easy to convey ideas using a mix of animated images, sound and text – guaranteed to keep students focused!
Today, Canva for Education is embraced by over 130,000 schools around the world where teachers and students create, collaborate, and communicate visually in the classroom and beyond. You can find more details on how teachers can take advantage of Canva Teachers’ Print Day here.
Launched in 2013, Canva is a free online visual communication and collaboration platform with a mission to empower everyone in the world to design. Featuring a simple drag-and-drop user interface and a huge range of templates ranging from presentations, social media graphics, posters, apparel, to videos, as well as a huge library of fonts, photography, graphics, and more. illustrations, video footage and sound clips, anyone can take an idea and create something beautiful. Canva is available on desktop, web, iOS, and Android.